Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Update Getting Started page

• jacobdeboer
  • jacobdeboer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #11618 by jacobdeboer
Update Getting Started page was created by jacobdeboer
Hi Tolis

Can you please update the getting started page?

I wanted to create a new solution with eXpand.
I downloaded and installed the newest eXpand installer.
Created a new solution using the template. After creation the Xpand form popped up to ask wich modules I wanted to use. I selected them all, but only the ones in agnostic seemed to be installed.

I also thought that the win and web applications did need to be derived from XpandWin/WebApplication. This is not described anywhere. So I'm uncertain about the correct way to start with eXpand.

Thanks,
Jacob
More
3 months 1 week ago #11620 by Tolis
Replied by Tolis on topic Update Getting Started page
Hi Jacob,

I tried to use the templates on 18.1 and noticed a bug that will display a XAF solution wizard that does not support creation of Win and Web solution (fix for this in the next minor 18.1.2.2). So I created two solutions Win,Web following your instructions but all modules installed fine to me. Maybe a screencast can bring some light to the parts I miss here?

Now about the XpandXAFApplications they are not required from any module and this is true a few years now. They are not used from any of the Tester/Demo solutions nor the project templates. In the past I mentioned in some posts that I wanted to obsolete and remove them however community members disagreed so I left them in the code for compatibility but not use them.

Bottom line eXpand installation is one liner for all modules e.g. For WorldCreator lets say you want to install the win module, (of course you could use the VS toolbox) or the way I prefer is to add manually the related module installation similar to what the related WorldCreatorTester solution
github.com/expand/eXpand/blob/17.2/Demos...dule.Designer.cs#L31

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacobdeboer
  • jacobdeboer
  • jacobdeboer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #11621 by jacobdeboer
Replied by jacobdeboer on topic Update Getting Started page
Thank you Tolis

But maybe it's a good idea to update the getting started page, because some images are broken etc. And it's not talking about the XAF template wizard.

Thanks,
Jacob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tolis
More
3 months 1 week ago #11626 by Tolis
Replied by Tolis on topic Update Getting Started page
thnks for the heads up, I wasn't aware of this must be some issue with the latest updates we did on the site. I ll add some wording and screenshots for the installation and will fix the broken layout asap.

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds