Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Expand 17.2.7.2 installs VSIX but project cannot be created

• Shadyza
  • Shadyza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 week ago #11568 by Shadyza
Installing Expand 17.2.7.2 was successful with VSIX and templates installed.
Creating new project generates the attached error, and it reference an Xpand.VSIX.dll version 17.2.6.2
the below error found in activitylog.xml:

<record>82</record>
<time>2018/04/10 10:32:15.893</time>
<type>Error</type>
<source>Xpand.VSIX.VSPackage.VSPackage</source>
<description>System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly &apos;Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.&#x000D;&#x000A;File name: &apos;Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e&apos;&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass.ExtractME()&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass..cctor()&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.&#x000D;&#x000A;To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.&#x000D;&#x000A;Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.&#x000D;&#x000A;To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].&#x000D;&#x000A;</description>
</entry>
<entry>
<record>83</record>
<time>2018/04/10 10:32:15.893</time>
<type>Error</type>
<source>VisualStudio</source>
<description>LegacySitePackage failed for package [VSPackage]Source: &apos;Xpand.VSIX&apos; Description: The type initializer for &apos;Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass&apos; threw an exception.&#x000D;&#x000A;System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for &apos;Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass&apos; threw an exception. ---&gt; System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly &apos;Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass.ExtractME()&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass..cctor()&#x000D;&#x000A; --- End of inner exception stack trace ---&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Commands.EasyTestCommand..ctor(EventHandler invokeHandler, CommandID commandID, String name)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Commands.EasyTestCommand.Init()&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Commands.Commands.InitEasyTest()&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Commands.Commands..ctor()&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.VSPackage.VSPackage.Initialize()&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Package.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.SetSite(IServiceProvider sp)System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly &apos;Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e&apos; or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.&#x000D;&#x000A;File name: &apos;Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e&apos;&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass.ExtractME()&#x000D;&#x000A; at Xpand.VSIX.Options.OptionClass..cctor()&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.&#x000D;&#x000A;To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.&#x000D;&#x000A;Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.&#x000D;&#x000A;To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].&#x000D;&#x000A;</description>
Attachments:
More
1 year 1 week ago #11570 by Tolis
please use this release instead and let me know if any problems.
www.dropbox.com/s/i0tw95k63owhajb/eXpand...rk-17.2.7.3.exe?dl=0

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
  • Shadyza
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 week ago #11580 by Shadyza
Project creation had an error during Entity Framework installation saying that NuGet package cannot be installed, NuGet project configuration error
More
1 year 1 week ago #11581 by Tolis
Himm I cannot understand where was that error, any logs?

was the VSIX updated? was the installation successful

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
  • Shadyza
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 week ago #11582 by Shadyza
Creating an expand project will open at first xaf project wizard which will smoothly pass through.
then It'll create projects related (I select all for testing purposes win, web, mobile, and workflow).
While creating the projects an error that entity framework cannot be downloaded through NuGet and you should install it later to your projects.
then expand module selector will appear with only excel importer module.
then saving solution popup will appear which is strange since it is still not saved to the projects folder (still in temp).
Saving projects will require stating the location for each project and some will remain in temp.

Using this version will not create toolbox to be used to install expand module later on to your project and I think I need to include assemblies manually if I'm still to use expand

Note: I used the dropbox link 17.2.7.3 only then tried to install it after 17.2.7.2 without uninstalling 17.2.7.2 but with no success.

Sorry if I'm trying the installer only even though assemblies can be used, but I'm not an experienced developer, and I'm trying to assess xaf with expand for a big development project.

Thanks man
More
1 year 1 week ago #11583 by Tolis
I fixed the incorrect module listing int this version
www.dropbox.com/s/9mk39upuxnj3c70/eXpand...rk-17.2.7.4.exe?dl=0

I updated the installed version without first uninstalling.

I open the WinApplication designer and then the toolbox where the Xpand toolbox categories where visible and populated.

Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds