Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Expand 17.2.7.2 installs VSIX but project cannot be created

• Shadyza
  • Shadyza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 1 week ago #11584 by Shadyza
I still have errors creating the project, and I'll walk you through them:

1- I select Expand project template "I Use VB template".
2- Xaf project wizard appear and I choose some modules.
3- System will create projects involved (Win, Web, Mobile, Workflow as per the selection before, and I tried multiple scenarios).
4- System will generate the attached errors (NuGet Download) if mobile app is selected for both "Mobile" and "Module.Mobile" (Error 1 & 2).
5- In both cases (with and without mobile app) system will ask to save Module solution and will propose a path in VS projects folder, but it will only save Module project (If I saved the error in attachment 3 will appear for almost all projects files) .
6- Expand Module selector will appear (with all modules displayed V.17.2.7.4) and I can make the selection I desire.
7- System will state that it needs to close therefore the projects should be saved, but I cannot save them since it require them to be saved in the temporary project directory which is not available (I think it is deleted by now since its an intermediary location).
8- I cannot save the rest of my project to projects folder and I cannot save it to temp then copy it.
More
1 year 1 week ago #11585 by Tolis
before I used the c# version though the approach should be agnostic sto this time I triied with vb

1- I select Expand project template "I Use VB template".

the same

2- Xaf project wizard appear and I choose some modules.

the same

3- System will create projects involved (Win, Web, Mobile, Workflow as per the selection before, and I tried multiple scenarios).

the same

4- System will generate the attached errors (NuGet Download) if mobile app is selected for both "Mobile" and "Module.Mobile" (Error 1 & 2).

the same the mobile platform is not yet supported.

5- In both cases (with and without mobile app) system will ask to save Module solution and will propose a path in VS projects folder, but it will only save Module project (If I saved the error in attachment 3 will appear for almost all projects files) .

Not the same , without the mobile there are no extra question although the VS will reload the solution, but that will be fast open in order to see the changes applied from eXpandFramework and not solution creation. Please check again if possibly on another pc.

6- Expand Module selector will appear (with all modules displayed V.17.2.7.4) and I can make the selection I desire.

the same, the previous selection is remembered.

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #11594 by AxNut1
Hi There

Not sure if this is related (see earlier thread on 17.2.7.1) however I've installed 17.2.7.2 and then 17.2.7.3 and still the eXpand Modules are not being pre-loaded in the Toolbox (Application Designer). I'm running VS2015. I'll try 17.2.7.4 after downloading below.
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #11595 by AxNut1
17.2.7.4 didn't work either.
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #11596 by Tolis
I performed my tests with VS2017, the plugin should be agnostic in most part but I have to test again to validate my words. I will update this post again then

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #11605 by Tolis
Hi again,

On a clean VM i performed the next actions

1. Install VS2015. XAF 17.2.7, eXpand 17.2.7.4
2. Create a new Xpand solution (win,web)
3. select all modules
4. Build the created solution in VS
5. open the ModuleDesigner and display the toolbox, the first time it takes a while to populate all DX components, but there is a progress and when finished all Xpand components are in the toolbox.

Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds