Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon WorldCreator and The DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.ReportDataV2

• jyoung3456
  • jyoung3456's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #11669 by jyoung3456
Hi guys,

I have interesting issue. First, let me tell you what I'm working with though.
DevEx XAF v 17.2.7
eXpand v 17.2.7.1
VS 2017 latest
Win 10 x64

I took a new XAF project. Then I added 3 new modules to the XAF's project for WorldCreator in my solution. Those projects are

WorldCreator
WorldCreator.DBMapper
WorldCreator.Win

They were taken from sources for eXpand. So these are sources added to an empty XAF solution. Once I added these sources I've added references to binaries such as

AppDomainToolkit.dll
Fasterflect.dll
Mono.Cecil.dll
Xpand.ExpressApp.dll

and so on. You get the idea. Basically, new XAF solution plus added 3 WC modules that referencing all "missing" dlls from global reference directory.

The whole solution compiled just fine, no issues. After my compilation, I opened up my Sample1.Win project and added WC modules to the application from the toolbox. I added World Creator module first, then World Creator DB Mapper, then World Creator Win Module. Again, re-compiled and all is fine.

When I started the project by using Run button in VS 2017 I got this error.

The 'DevExpress.Persistent.BaseImpl.ReportDataV2' report data type is not registered within the business model. Please check the ReportModuleBase.ReportDataType property.

at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2.ApplicationReportObjectSpaceProvider.CreateObjectSpace(Type type)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2.ReportsStorage.CollectInplaceReportsData()
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2.InplaceReportsCacheHelper.CollectAllInplaceReportsData()
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2.InplaceReportsCacheHelper.EnsureCache()
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2.InplaceReportsCacheHelper.GetReportDataInfoList(Type targetObjectType)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2.CustomizeNavigationItemsController.CreateReportNavigationItems(Type targetObjectType)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.ReportsV2.CustomizeNavigationItemsController.showNavigationItemController_NavigationItemCreated(Object sender, NavigationItemCreatedEventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.SystemModule.ShowNavigationItemController.OnNavigationItemCreated(IModelNavigationItem item, ChoiceActionItem navigationItem)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.SystemModule.ShowNavigationItemController.ProcessItem(IModelNavigationItem item, ChoiceActionItemCollection choiceActionItems)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.SystemModule.ShowNavigationItemController.ProcessItem(IModelNavigationItem item, ChoiceActionItemCollection choiceActionItems)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.SystemModule.ShowNavigationItemController.InitializeItems()
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.SystemModule.ShowNavigationItemController.OnActivated()
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Controller.activeList_ResultValueChanged(Object sender, BoolValueChangedEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Utils.BoolList.OnResultValueChanged(Boolean oldResultValue, Boolean resultValue)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Utils.BoolList.EndUpdate()
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.WindowController.SetWindow(Window newWindow)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Window.ActivateControllers()

No matter what I did I was getting this error. I even went as far as removing all references to Report V2 module from all my XAF modules and re-adding them again still same issue. However, when used Report V1 this issue disappeared. I need Report V2 capabilities for my project.

Also, before you tell me to ask DevEx team I already did and they said it has to do with one of the eXpand modules and that I should be asking on this forum here. That's what I'm doing and I'm hoping you can help me. First, let me assure you the DataType property for report was set properly everywhere so that was not my issue. It is something else that's causing it. See my attachments.

Anyone who can help me to understand this issue,all your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

J.

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by jyoung3456.
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #11670 by Tolis

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
The following user(s) said Thank You: jyoung3456
  • jyoung3456
  • jyoung3456's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 7 hours ago #11679 by jyoung3456
Thank you! It helped!

J.
Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds