Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Dashboard definition with ObjectDataSource

• DaDe
  • DaDe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 4 days ago #11691 by DaDe
Dear Tolis,
we deliver a solution based on XAF+Expand for dashboard and some dashboard definitions included by default.
The previous version of the software has been released with 17.2.xx and now we upgraded to 18.1, but in the XML definition of dashboard there is the following
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Dashboard CurrencyCulture="en-US">
<Title Text="Procurement Overview" />
<DataSources>
<ObjectDataSource ComponentName="dashboardObjectDataSource1">
<Name>ORDER</Name>
<DataSource Type="Xpand.ExpressApp.Dashboard.ParameterLessProxyCollection, Xpand.ExpressApp.Dashboard, Version=17.1.3.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c52ffed5d5ff0958" />
</ObjectDataSource>
</DataSources>

i would like to avoid our customers to change version manually (some customers have hundred installations of our software).

is it possible to avoid having a specific version of Xpand.ExpressApp.Dashboard assembly in the dashboard definition for loading current assembly found by .NET probing?

With best regards
David
More
6 days 6 hours ago #11702 by Tolis
Replied by Tolis on topic Dashboard definition with ObjectDataSource
sorry for the late reply I had some problems with the forum notifications, please give me some time to review, although I remember that this case shouldn't be a problem and the xml load does not need update through versions I have to test and check again. I will update you again.

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
6 days 3 hours ago #11706 by Tolis
Replied by Tolis on topic Dashboard definition with ObjectDataSource
Unfortunately I was wrong the case was not handled, I did handle it in the next minor 18.1.3.2.

if you do not want to upgrade you need to replace the LoadFromXml method with this one
        static DevExpress.DashboardCommon.Dashboard LoadFromXml(IDashboardDefinition dashboardDefinition) {
            var dashboard = new DevExpress.DashboardCommon.Dashboard();
            using (var me = new MemoryStream()) {
                var sw = new StreamWriter(me);
                var xml = dashboardDefinition.Xml;
                xml=Regex.Replace(xml,$"({typeof(ParameterLessProxyCollection).FullName}, {typeof(ParameterLessProxyCollection).Namespace}, Version=)([^,]*)",
                    "${1}"+XpandAssemblyInfo.Version, RegexOptions.IgnoreCase);
                sw.Write(xml);
                sw.Flush();
                me.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
                dashboard.LoadFromXml(me);
                sw.Close();
                me.Close();
            }
            return dashboard;
        }

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaDe
  • DaDe
  • DaDe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 days 23 hours ago #11708 by DaDe
Hi Tolis, if it will be ready within end of June, we will wait for it.
Thank you very much for the quick answer and support.
With beat regards
David
Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds