Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Dashboard Performance With Large Data Sources

• disteSP
  • disteSP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 6 days ago #11696 by disteSP
I use Xpand DashboardModule and XpandSecurityModule, version 18.1.3, in my XAF project.

As suggested by DevEx in this article Dashboard Performance With Large Data Sources , I try to set DashboardsModule.DataProvider.TopReturnedRecordsInDesigner property to 10 but it seems to have no effects on Dashboard designer datasources.
Has a similar behavior been implemented in Xpand DashboardModule?

Is it possible to use Use the DataView Mode suggested in the second part of the article within Xpand Dashboard Module?

Thanks for the support,

Davide
More
4 months 5 days ago #11699 by Tolis
Sorry for the delay forum notification went to my spam. I need some time to research I will get back to you.

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
4 months 5 days ago #11707 by Tolis
t looks like you looking for the Dashboard module model option where you can filter your datasources

see also an example at the related easytest

github.com/expand/eXpand/tree/18.1/Demos...alTests/ModelOptions

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
Attachments:
  • disteSP
  • disteSP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 3 days ago #11719 by disteSP
Replied by disteSP on topic Dashboard Performance With Large Data Sources
Thanks for the reply Tolis.

TopReturnedRecordsInDesigner option has the effect to add a TOP in the SELECT clause of the query used by dashboard designer to retrieve data used for preview.
It could be necessary working with table/persistent object with a large amount to prevent designer to block during the creation of a dashboard.

With datasources filter I not able to reproduce a similar behavior, it has effect not only on preview.

PS: I opened also another ticket ("Disable toolbar buttons in dashboard designer based on datasource type") a few days ago but I think also this notification went to your spam; I don't see my ticket opened.

Thanks,

Davide
More
4 months 2 days ago #11728 by Tolis
I can probably add a few similar model rules to modify the query further and on design/runtime mode. I ll let you know when is done.

More
4 months 2 days ago #11729 by Tolis
>PS: I opened also another ticket ("Disable toolbar buttons in dashboard designer based on datasource type") a few days ago but I think also this notification went to your spam; I don't see my ticket opened.

I do not see any other issue open in your profile, please use github issues to reopen the ticket and also open a second for this one so you will get notified when I implement it.

github.com/expand/eXpand/issues

Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds