Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon ModelDifference ModelToUpdateFromFileCriteria -> Please make it optional

More
1 year 4 months ago #11305 by Tolis
thnks for the input!

I will post a short description of the behavior when is ready

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
1 year 3 months ago #11314 by Tolis
on next minor 17.2.4.4 you can set the Model.Options.ModelUpdate attribute to Never to guard your models. It will throw a NotSupporedtException when a new Application model is created for any of the supported Devices and the same if the module tries to update the XmlContent from a file.

looking forward for your feedback

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johannes
  • Johannes
  • Johannes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #11315 by Johannes
Thank you for implementing this, Tollis. Regarding that application I can/will do a minor upgrade in the first two weeks of January and will give further feedback then. So far it sounds very nice!
  • Johannes
  • Johannes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #11331 by Johannes
Here is some more feedback:
After the upgrade to 17.2.4.5 and setting the ModelUpdate option to Never I got the desired exception against a database where DeviceCategory was still null (and so Xpand didn't create a new application model as before).
Running against an already corrected database (that is the DeviceCategory is/was manually set to 0) no excpetion was thrown. Which seems also OK as there was probably nothing to upgrade for the ModelDifference module.
Thanks again!
More
1 year 3 months ago #11332 by Tolis
nice to hear it works well!

let me know as usual...

Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds