Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon dlls not found in nuget manager

• Bog
  • Bog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #10826 by Bog
dlls not found in nuget manager was created by Bog
Hi Tolis,
I found few dlls which does not exists in Nuget package manager - thanks to this Xpand is unbuildable using Xpand.Build file for us.
AForge.Video.FFMPEG.dll does not exists in nuget package manager anymore - from information I gathered it looks like they renamed it in May 21 2017 from AForge.Video.FFMPEG.dll to Accord.Video.FFMPEG.dll - without AForge.Video.FFMPEG.dll Videobuilder project can not be build.
Similar problem is in XpandTestExecutor where libraries AxInterop.MSTSCLib and Interop.MSTSCLib are missing and can not be found in nuget and thus downloaded - there I was unable to find appropriate substitution for those dlls.
For now we donwloade Accor library and removed TestExecutor from Xpand.Build but it would be nice to check and solve those problems in Xpand in future releases :)

Thanks a lot :)
More
1 year 10 months ago #10827 by Tolis
Replied by Tolis on topic dlls not found in nuget manager
yes you are right the AForge assemblies they are correctly not distributed from nuget as they are not referenced from any of the xpand libs. However the source should be able to build fine as all nuget packages are downloaded just before build from this target
github.com/expand/eXpand/blob/17.1/Xpand.build#L330-L341

Bottom line, I am not sure how you try to build the source code and it fails as it works fine from both my internal and the public buildservers. So please provide more details.

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
  • Bog
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #10828 by Bog
Replied by Bog on topic dlls not found in nuget manager
Well We have our own Xpand solution downloaded because we have few Null reference exceptions we faced fixed and few more changes so we build Xpand in our own build server usign Xpand.build file when we run "build all.cmd" - dlls are donwloaded correctly from nuget except of those mentioned in this topic - AForge.Video.FFMPEG is used in VideoBuilder project we chanegd it to Accord
Next 2 dlls mentioned are in XpandTestExecutor/RDClient.csproj and they are not presented in Nuget so can not be downloaded.
I even tried run BuilAll.cmd locally and same problem occured missing Aforge.Video.ffmpeg.dll after fix by using Accord another 2 missing libraries occured. We have Xpand 17.1.3.1 downloaded.
We solved problem by commenting lines of code in Xpand.Build where XpandTestExecutor is builded and executed.
Concretely I commented out those lines:
<MSBuild Projects="Support\XpandTestExecutor\XpandTestExecutor.sln" Targets="Build" Properties="Configuration=Debug;OutputPath=$(XpandDLLPath);RestorePackages=false" />
    <MSBuild Projects="Support\XpandTestExecutor\RDClient\RDClient.csproj" Targets="Build" Properties="Configuration=Debug;OutputPath=$(XpandDLLPath);RestorePackages=false" />
And
<Exec Command="$(XpandDLLPath)\XpandTestExecutor.Win.exe easytests.txt" WorkingDirectory="$(XpandDLLPath)" />
	<Delete Files="%(EasyTestReqsToDelete.CopiedToDir)%(EasyTestReqsToDelete.Filename)%(EasyTestReqsToDelete.Extension)"/>
    <CallTarget Targets="CreateEasyTestVideos"></CallTarget>
    <CallTarget Targets='PrintEasyTestLogs' ></CallTarget>
After comment of those lines along with fix of AForge we are able to build Xpand on our own.
So question is if we must on every update of Xpand in our repo think about that we must update Xpand.Build and remove those lines and fix Aforge reference or if you will be so nice and update somehow the way of referencing of those problematic dlls to be able to build Xpand on our own without a problems and additional changes to Xpand.Build or csprojs or maybe there is some third middle way.

Thanks for quick response :-)
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Bog.
More
1 year 10 months ago #10829 by Tolis
can you please post the build log?

msbuild Xpand.build /fl will generate the msbuild.log in path

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
  • Bog
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
1 year 10 months ago #10832 by Bog
Replied by Bog on topic dlls not found in nuget manager
Interesting today I run build again and build was successfull (just except the RdClient and projects referencing it).I probably overlooked something.
Silly mistake sorry foryour time :-(

Still thanks a lot :-)
More
1 year 10 months ago #10839 by Tolis
no worries but again all projects should be able to build correctly without any modifactions (including RDClient). If you do get errors please provide repro steps

Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds