Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Upgrading XAF project that uses ExpressApp, from 13.2 to 17.1

• XAFuser01
  • XAFuser01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #11070 by XAFuser01
Hi.

I have an XAF application that needs to be upgraded/migrated from v13.2 to v17.1 (right now the latest version).

I downloaded and installed both the latest XAF framework version and the latest expand framework but after this I couldn´t open the solution at all, Visual Studio just shuts down. After uninstalling the expand framework I could open the solution in VS again. After this I also ran the DevExpress Project converter. This was done successfully with no errors, even the expand framework references and dll's seems to have been updated as well.

Problem is that when I try to run the application in my dev environment I now get sql errors where the application is unable to create sql column 'Oid' NOT NULL in table SequenceObject. This table already contains rows so that is understandable. I backup'ed the rows and emptied the table and restarted the app but then the application tries to create a foreign key in the table SequenceReleasedObject. This isn´t possible as there already exist such a FK in that table.

I am not sure what the best approach is when upgrading the expand framework. What are these two tables used for and how should they be handled in this scenario?
More
1 year 7 months ago #11071 by Tolis
Hi
Before application setup try
SequenceGenerator.UseGuidKey=false

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
  • XAFuser01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #11072 by XAFuser01
Thanks, I came a tiny bit further. Added the statement above to Program.cs and re-ran the app.
e.Updater.Update() throws DevExpress.ExpressApp.Updating.CompatibilityException occurred.. Additional information: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key

The Oid column (with NULL values) gets created in the table, however. Any ideas?
More
1 year 7 months ago #11073 by Tolis
is it the same updater? I guess not. PLease post the stacktrace before and after you used my suggestion

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
1 year 7 months ago #11074 by Tolis
also I wonder if it is safe to delete the table manully and let the app recreate it. Under what context is that table use. I mean do you actually produce sequences?

• XAFuser01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #11077 by XAFuser01
I have tested to delete the tables in my dev environment and they are recreated without any problems. Not sure where they are used though, can´t find any references to them in the code and the application only makes use of the ImportWizard (separate projects).
Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds