Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Excel Importer Module Object Properties issue

• brond
  • brond's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #11516 by brond
First incredible job on the new Excel Importer Module. It's incredible.

I did notice a bug . The screen will show 2 columns when you map the data. The XL column and the properties column. The system is smart enough to find the properties and uses the Display Name . Unfortunately if the display name is not the same as the property name the system is unable to process your data.

For example I might have the following in my object.

[System.ComponentModel.DisplayName("Description")]
[Size(30)]
public string PeriodDesc { get; set; }

The screen will show Description . That's great for the users, they have no idea about the underlying data. When they click import it will fail and show you the following error.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Xpand.ExpressApp.ExcelImporter.Controllers.ExcelImportDetailViewController.Imported(Object columnValue, IMemberInfo memberInfo, Object importToObject) in C:\Release172\Xpand\Xpand.ExpressApp.Modules\ExcelImporter\Controllers\ExcelImportDetailViewController.cs:line 152
at Xpand.ExpressApp.ExcelImporter.Controllers.ExcelImportDetailViewController.Import(ExcelImport excelImport, ITypeInfo importToTypeInfo, DataRow dataRow, Object importToObject, Int32 index) in C:\Release172\Xpand\Xpand.ExpressApp.Modules\ExcelImporter\Controllers\ExcelImportDetailViewController.cs:line 134
at Xpand.ExpressApp.ExcelImporter.Controllers.ExcelImportDetailViewController.ImportActionOnExecute(Object sender, SimpleActionExecuteEventArgs e) in C:\Release172\Xpand\Xpand.ExpressApp.Modules\ExcelImporter\Controllers\ExcelImportDetailViewController.cs:line 84
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Actions.SimpleAction.RaiseExecute(ActionBaseEventArgs eventArgs)
at DevExpress.ExpressApp.Actions.ActionBase.ExecuteCore(Delegate handler, ActionBaseEventArgs eventArgs)

The simple solution on the screen is for the user to overwrite the property to have PeriodDesc . It will then work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tolis
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #11517 by Tolis
thnks for reporting I will fix this bug in the next minor 17.2.7.2

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds