Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Getting new Releases

To get notified on new releases you may follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe in our main RSS feed.

Topic-icon Issue with Inheriting from XpandRole

• sgross
  • sgross's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 8 months ago #8977 by sgross
Issue with Inheriting from XpandRole was created by sgross
We are using a few features from the XpandRole class, mainly to hide nav items.

Now we need to extend it with a few more fields, after inheriting from XpandRole and having permissions on Members on an object throws an exception that the type Xpand.ExpressApp.Security.Core.XpandRole does not have a property called "ModifyLayout".
I included the trace and the screenshot of where the issue is located.

Is there another way to inherit or am I doing something wrong?

I created a sample project and even though it did not throw the exception, when I inherited from the XpandRole, ModifyLayout did not seem to make it. see attached screenshots.

Bottomline: we are currently using XPandRole, when I inherit from it to customize and extend, the property, ModifyLayout, is not there and I get an exception that the permissions code cannot find it.

Please let me know as this is an unexpected roadblock.
Attachments:
More
3 years 8 months ago #8980 by Tolis
Replied by Tolis on topic Issue with Inheriting from XpandRole
you can try to create your members dynamically using XAF TypesInfo system thus avoiding inheritance and the exception. I will update this post when I review it

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
3 years 8 months ago #8982 by Tolis
can you post your sample please?

To get notified on new releases follow us on twitter @expandframework or subscribe RSS feed. I am also available @tolisss . Also see How to debug eXpand
More
1 year 1 month ago #11469 by Johannes
Replied by Johannes on topic Issue with Inheriting from XpandRole
Hello Tolis,

I added a new SecurityRole class that is derived from SecuritySystemRole and I also now have the problem that it says the "ModifiedLayout" column is missing. In DX Ticket T443515 someone also seems to have a similar problem where suddenly that "ModifiedLayout" appears.

A search in the expand code showed that XpandSecurityWinModule in CustomizeTypesInfo obviously add this member "ModifiedLayout".

My Question is wheter this can be changed so that XpandSecurity doesn't interfere when I don't want/need to use XpandSecurity (I need to add it just because other Xpand-Modules depend on it)?

Thanks,
Johannes
More
1 year 1 month ago #11470 by Tolis
Hi

I understand the case but I need time to research this is not an easy task, I ll keep you updated.

More
1 year 1 month ago #11471 by Johannes
Replied by Johannes on topic Issue with Inheriting from XpandRole
Ok, thanks. For now I added that property to the role as a workaround.
Moderators: expand
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds